Be a Volunteer!
Volunteers are crucial to the success of Meagan's Walk. New volunteers are needed to help with our growing needs. Volunteers give time, share their expertise, creativity and dedication. From helping us with a one-day event to year-round participation, there are many different ways to get involved. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer for the Annual Meagan's Walk and Hug
The annual Meagan's Walk takes place the Saturday of Mother's Day Weekend. This 5km Walk begins at Fort York and ends with a human hug around The Hospital for Sick Children - sharing one big hug with all the children and the families within.
Volunteers make our Walk a dynamic and spirited community event. Our volunteers assist in numerous ways, both on Walk day and throughout the year, including:
- Preparation and distribution of promotional materials, posters, pledge sheets.
- Registration volunteers welcome participants and ensure contact and pledge information is completed.
- Walk route marshal volunteers are stationed along the Walk route, to guide participants, assist as needed, and offer encouragement.
- Food service volunteers both at the beginning and the end of the Meagan's Walk route, assist with distribution of food and water to the Walk participants.
- Volunteers can work within their own family, community or workplace group and develop “Walk Teams,” often in honour and support of someone special who is struggling with illness.